Friday, September 28, 2007

The Cancer Card

So, about the cancer card and not feeling guilty: I have been using it to my advantage and not an ounce of guilt I feel. Should I feel bad about pulling out the cancer card to get my way when dealing with sales people on the phone? What about an expired gift certificate to a spa that I had them trade in for a new one because I have cancer and was in the hospital, therefore unable to make any of the appts? Hey, if it works....
I'm not saying I'm proud at seducing the average customer service employee or retail worker by making them feel bad and giving me an advantage, but I kind of feel entitled. You know?

3 comments:

Gail said...

I would not feel guilty.. you were in the hospital, you have had bad days that kept you home bound... you are ENTITLED!

P.S. When are you and Oz coming over? Strauss wants to tell Oz a secret.

Lorie Tonti said...

Milk it for all it's worth and DO NOT feel an ounce of guilt for it. I agree with Gail- you are definitely ENTITLED! But don't try it with me- you KNOW you ain't gettin' away with that with me :) I know you better...

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not like you're taking anything away from someone else; just making sure you get what is YOURS!!! ...and SO WHAT if you use a little sympathy to get your way. Tells a lot about human nature...people cannot just be kind to others, 'just because'...what about their Karma?????...but they ARE able to be sympathetic if you use the'Cancer Card'...if nothing else, if causes those folks to do a little 'reality check'!!! So, then, you are sending something positive into their life, you DESERVE a payback.