Monday, July 30, 2007

Suggest something

As I sit and listen to my Ipod, desperately trying to get The Beach Boys' Wouldn't it be Nice? out of my head, I think of writing about sharing a good book and of reading something that someone recommended....and liking it.
A definite sense of satisfaction occurs when I can recommend a great book and am met with ample praise afterwards as to the book's satisfying delivery. I also love recommending a good band or singer to others and afterwards have them "discover" how great Placebo is or surprisingly agree that The Dresden Dolls is a shared love.

Also, putting a smile on my face and giving me a sense of satisfaction is reading a book or listening to something that someone else recommended. Things that are too good not to be shared. Or perhaps something that popped out at them while reading or listening that said, "Hey, I think Wendy would like this." I like that.

Sad when the suggestion does not hold favor with the suggestee.


P.S. Am listening to the Scissor Sisters. Recommend "I don't feel like dancing
"!

1 comment:

Lorie Tonti said...

You are much more versed in music than I am, but I'll try... Regina Spektor- lovely ear candy- fun fun!