Saturday, July 28, 2007

dreams, MySpace, and Starbucks/tattoo


Woke up feeling exhausted. Remnants of dreams where my grandma and her twin were fighting over my grandma's leftover belongings are still fresh in my head. It took the whole family to calm them down. My grandma's been gone for awhile now, and they were fighting over what she left behind. (Pretty sure she never owned a tiara, but leave it to me to include diamonds.)

Spent a good portion of my night last night finding old friends on MySpace. It's become my latest pastime. It's also quite depressing. I have to re-tell my whole cancer story over and over again. It's almost like re-living it.

Yesterday, I was at Starbucks waiting in line for my caramel macchiato (yum!), and this guy kept staring in my direction. Me and the girl behind me couldn't quite figure out what exactly he was staring at. Turns out, it was the tattoo on my shoulder. He came over and complimented it and then asked if I'd go out to the Volkswagen in the parking lot and show his waiting girlfriend my tattoo. I agreed, after checking the girl-behind-me's response. She kinda' smiled, encouragingly, but at the same time wondering if I'd do it or not.
After getting my drink, I tentatively went out to the silver VW with tinted windows sitting in the parking lot and knocked on the passenger side window. I glanced inside Starbucks and the girl once standing in line behind me was now watching the scene play out. The window rolled down and a girl was sitting in the driver's seat staring at me, mouth agape. I explained to her about her boyfriend's request and then proceeded to show her my tattoo. Apparently this guy knew what he was talking about b/c she was impressed and continuously exclaimed "I love it!". I left with a sense of acomplishment.

No comments: